We will always make every effort to keep Heytesbury School open, but extreme weather or loss of essential services could necessitate a closure.
Please find below our emergency closure procedure:
- Any decision not to open will be made between 7am – 7.30am
- We will post a RAG (RED, AMBER, GREEN) rating on the website as soon as possible
- Red will indicate that conditions in the local area are very hazardous and the school is closed
- Amber will indicate that although the conditions in the local area are poor the school is open. Opening times and drop off instructions may vary, information will be provided on the website
- Green will indicate that local conditions have significantly improved to allow students to travel under normal arrangements.
All information will be posted on:
- www.heytesburyprimary.co.uk website
- The local radio stations will be informed – please listen to
- Information emails will be sent to parents as soon as possible, along with a status update on our Facebook Group.
Please do not ring the school for information unless absolutely necessary.