Heytesbury CE Aided Primary School near Warminster is a ‘Values Based School’.
Values are things we believe in that help us to make decisions about how we behave. They are the principles that guide our lives.
We believe in helping the whole child to develop within a secure, caring environment that promotes Christian values. We strive for every child to be the best they can be.
In order to do this:
- There is a rolling programme of core values which will develop over time and in consultation with children, parents/carers/ staff and the community.
- The current programme of core values is proposed on a three year basis (see Appendix 1). In the first year (2011-12) we began by looking at: friendship, hope and courage. In the second year (2012 – 12) we will be focusing on: trust, perseverance, forgiveness, compassion, wisdom and humility
- Each term there is a focus on a school value and all our Assemblies will have a focus around the value.
- The value of the term will be displayed around school and in each classroom.
- Each week there will be a class focus around the value to encourage reflection and deeper understanding.
- Each day there will be times for reflection.
Values help us to build the ethos and common purpose of our school and enable our children to reach the aims of our school, to become reflective, caring, life-long learners.
We hope that parents/carers will also focus on the values at home so that we can all work together to enable our children to be the best they can be.